Cyber-attacks in India are on the upsurge since the pandemic started. consistent with the Economic Times, India has already seen a 37% rise within the cyber-attacks within the year 2020. the image on the entire doesn’t look good for e-businesses today. So, if you’re a web business owner in 2020, your online platform’s security should be your topmost priority. One such security measure is installing necessary security certificates. Through this blog, we’ll discuss intimately the importance of CERT-In certification within the IT industry and the way to urge one.
It is clear from the above image that the attacks on e-commerce, financial, and academic institutions aren’t new. the most important data breach experienced by India was in 2016 that included several private also as public banks. Before jumping into the method of getting CERT-In certification, let’s discuss CERT-In and its features.
What is CERT-In?
CERT-In (Computer Emergency Response Team) is an initiative of the govt of India to affect the daily emerging challenges within the field of cybersecurity and country-level risks. it had been founded in January 2004. the most purpose of CERT-In is to spot security threats and take necessary actions to market IT security audit practices within the country.
Why CERT-In certification?
The following features make CERT-In certification a necessity during a business:
• Improves the professional credibility of your website.
• Enhances productivity and creates a competitive environment within the organization.
• It assesses community involvement benefits.
• Improves opportunities for employment.
How to get a CERT-In certification?
The first step to urge CERT-In certified is by performing an entire security audit of your website by an empaneled CERT-In auditor. An impaneled auditor will perform a comprehensive website security audit of your system consistent with security audit guidelines of CERT-In.
An overview of the procedure for CERT-In certification:
• Perform a comprehensive security audit of your entire system including your website or applications and make an in depth report on the vulnerabilities found on your website.
• After performing the audit, subsequent step is to patch the vulnerabilities found within the report from the primary step.
• Once the vulnerabilities are patched, the auditor will issue a certificate in line with CERT-In containing all the relevant documents and compliance reports.